Saturday, September 17, 2016

Song Saturday: Siouxsie And The Banshees [REVISITED]

How's it going my gumdrops? Sorry about not publishing any blogs last weekend or earlier this week. These last 2 weeks have been rough with sudden changes both on and offline.

In case you did NOT get the last e-mail notification, Horror-Punks.com has now been changed to Horror-Punks.net. Even though I mostly publish blogs here on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns, there were several blogs I published on Horror-Punks as well. Therefore, I will be transferring my better blogs from Horror-Punks.com to Blogger.

Meanwhile, I was forced to postpone Song Saturday, Cartoon Sunday, and 1 of my Q&A blogs on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. 

Last Friday, I was in the middle of going to 1 of my 2 doctor's appointments and my mother had to be rushed to the ER. She is feeling better, now. 

However, my mother has been to the hospital at least several times, since September 9th. 

Over these last 2 weeks, I almost had to cancel 2  of my appointments because there is ALWAYS something wrong. Hopefully, today and the rest of this next week will be much better.

Aside from those issues, today is not only Song Saturday, but also Batman Day. 

Batman Day is this Saturday, September 17

I won't sit here and act like I am a HUGE Batman fan, but I did enjoy watching the original TV series based on the comic book superhero. 

This makes me wonder how many people know, that the original actor, who plays Mayor West on Family Guy is voiced by Batman's Adam West. If you did not already know this, you know now.

While growing up during the late 1980's and 1990's, it seemed like Batman became more popular than it was during the 1960's and earlier. Tim Burton directed the first 2 Batman films.

After Tim Burton directed Batman in 1989, there was a ton of Batman merchandise. The Batman bank and earrings, that I got as a little girl are somewhere. That same year was the year when Prince did the entire soundtrack for the movie. 

You may recall, that I mentioned this in my Prince Tribute blog this past spring.

Growing up, I was entertained watching Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns. Joel Schumacher's Batman Forever was the LAST Batman film I had watched.

In fact, I went to see Batman Forever at the theater with a middle school friend for my 13th birthday and it was the last Batman film I liked watching. George Clooney replacing his predecessors (Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer) was reason enough to make me NOT want to go see Batman & Robin.

I REFUSED to watch the other movies because I despise George Clooney with the passion and the reboots seemed too serious. I had no problem watching Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne/Batman because I like both actors. 

Both Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer played quirky and eccentric roles in other films outside of the Batman franchise.

Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever had campy yet brooding tones. The first 2 Burton movies were campy much like the original TV series from the mid-60's. That was what Michael Keaton appreciated about Batman and Batman Returns.

After Warner Bros forced Tim Burton as the film director to step down for Batman Forever, Michael Keaton chose to leave the franchise.  

Then, Burton chose Joel Schumacher as his replacement for directing it.

I remember the original being an R-rated film. Batman Returns was rated PG-13 yet parents complained about it not being "family friendly."

Michael Keaton declined and left the Batman franchise because he felt that the script for Batman Forever was too lighthearted in tone. When you watch the first 3 movies, you can tell the differences in tone. Batman Forever was not a terrible movie. I have yet to see the Batman reboots, which are dramatized origin stories about Bruce Wayne/Batman.

The thought of Christian Bale playing Bruce Wayne/Batman frightens me. Watching Bale play Patrick Bateman in American Psycho made me shudder. 

I still say the man played the role of a misogynistic psychopath/serial killer a LITTLE too well.

Yes, I know Patrick Bateman was only a character in a novel and movie. The fact that there are actually men like Patrick Bateman existing in the real world makes it more terrifying.

Since this is mostly about the Batman franchise and today is Song Saturday, it would be fitting to revisit Siouxsie And The Banshees. A little over 2 years ago, I published a Song Saturday blog featuring this kooky Goth Rock band.

Song Saturday: Siouxsie And The Banshees

Rereading that blog, reminds me of how much I have gone through over these last 3 years with toxic and indifferent people. Don't forget that September 23rd is the 3rd anniversary of It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. I will be publishing my Q&A blog.

As I was saying, I published a Song Saturday blog featuring Siouxsie And The Banshees over 2 years ago. 

I also forgot to mention that they were featured on the Batman Returns Soundtrack in 1992. Siouxsie And The Banshees' "Face To Face" was featured in the film as well.

Their song played while Bruce Wayne (Batman) and Selina Kyle (Catwoman) danced, during the masquerade ball scene.

Batman Returns "Batman & Catwoman Come Face To Face" Scene (1992)

 
Anyway, here is Siouxsie And The Banshees' "Face To Face" for today's mostly Batman themed Song Saturday.

Siouxsie And The Banshees "Face To Face" Batman Returns Soundtrack (1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment