Saturday, September 17, 2016

Cartoon Sunday: Neurotically Yours Programming Conflict [Chibisode]

How's it going my gumdrops? Towards the end of last week, I had the opportunity to talk with Jonathan Ian Mathers (You know the creator of Neurotically Yours and Foamy The Squirrel?) on Facebook. 

Those of you, who LOVE Foamy The Squirrel as much as I do, probably want to ask:

What was it like talking to Jonathan Ian Mathers (JIM)?

Honestly, I have no complaints. I respect the man for his individuality and his artistic ability. We need more people like Jonathan Ian Mathers more than ever, this second. Encountering more individualists like ourselves is like stumbling upon a unicorn.

Most people have no idea what it's like to create something of their own from nothing or to be more innovative. Take Hollywood now, for instance. 

Before we can blink our eyes, filmmakers announce that they are remaking and/rebooting classic movies, cartoons, and shows, that really DON'T  need remakes.

This is partly why I stopped investing time and money on watching, listening, and buying most entertainment.

Hollywood entertainment has become nothing other than garbage 98% of the time today. Only fools will waste their money on garbage. You may say, "One's trash is another one's treasure." Today that old saying barely applies anymore.

Almost everything sucks ass. This is not including the A to F-list celebutards. Over the last 12-15 years, those same know-it-all, zealots continuously patronize everybody and act like self-righteous, "political activists" about everything known to man.

Truth be told, those same people really don't care about much of anything or anyone. That is unless money, being pretentious, materialistic, and worrying about their own self-image to us lowly peasants are at risk.

Like I was saying, I like AND respect Jonathan Ian Mathers for his individuality and his artwork. Not only do I like and respect JIM, but I can also empathize with him for being mostly solo for these last 15 years.

While we were talking last Thursday and Friday, we discussed how saturated content creation is today. Everything has turned into a competition. 

Even JIM has problems reaching viewers like he was able to do years ago. This is mostly because we live in a world where everybody MUST  be seen and heard 24/7, almost every animal and person are "famous" now without notice, shallow and self-centered, attention whores must be told they are "beautiful" and "winners," and everyone IS a winner, now. 

Let's not forget about those uproarious "safe spaces."

Because someone uploads and posts pictures of themselves, their pets, and kids EVERY damn nano second, they are "stars" regardless of how shallow and vapid they truly are as humans and animals.

Meanwhile, content creators must overcome indifference from shallow and VAPID people. More original content with words or other forms of art and entertainment, which doesn't pander to mainstream audiences, are mostly underappreciated and ignored.

This is something I have been coping with over these last 3-5 years. INDIFFERENCE. You would be amazed at the number of people I have reconnected with over the years, who pretended to care about how my life has been and what I am currently doing.

The moment I mention the slightest accomplishment, they will typically want some favors, try social climbing because they expect me to be "famous," or assume I am close to FAME, since I have met and interacted with celebrities, politicians, and public figures.

Otherwise, those same people may become insecure, distant, feel threatened, jealous, resentful, make snide and backhanded remarks, and/transfer and project their own insecurities on me.

If not the preceding, I have to endure friend collectors on social media sites because they want an increase in their viewership for selfies like shallow, high school girls. People like that, I have no time for and had to dump a few over the last week to 5 years.

If you seriously don't care about long lost family, friends, classmates, exes, etc. do NOT waste OUR time by inviting yourselves back into our lives only because YOU want to say, that you know and remember us, then pretend we do NOT exist to you.

Since we were previously on the topic of content creation, Jonathan Ian Mathers also mentioned that he is not really skilled with self-promotion and that social media and other sites want money to promote our content. I understand exactly what he means. 

I am terrible with self-promotion and I don't have the money for someone to promote my content.

Self-promoting on social media is a royal pain in the ass. When you are surrounded by indifferent people, including "friends" on social media, it exacerbates the problem(s). 

In addition, Jonathan Ian Mathers and other content creators on YouTube now have to deal with censorship.

Since the time I was a teenager, I have always been anti-censorship. 

You know, if MORE average people and Hollywood entertainers desperately want to be "activists," they should go back to protesting censorship like entertainers did in 1984.

Tipper Gore and the helicopter moms from 1984 are to blame for the censorship we have today. 

It is also Slick Willy's fault, that we have the V-chip in our TV's. Notice which smarmy politicians made CENSORSHIP official?

*cough-cough* Clinton/Gore *cough-cough*

This is about as political I will get on It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. I try to stay as apolitical as possible because most really CANNOT  handle other people with opposing views. All this talk about content creation and censorship is only fitting for this blog.

I believe Jonathan Ian Mathers was intentionally pushing the proverbial envelope with these 2 videos. He is actively exercising his rights to freedom of speech on YouTube. 

Those of you with YouTube channels should be doing the same. Anyway, here is today's Cartoon Sunday.

Foamy The Squirrel "R.I.P. Income: YouTube Ad Revenue Crisis" (2016)

Neurotically Yours: "Programming Conflict" [UNCENSORED] (2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment