How's it going my gumdrops? I meant to post another blog on Blogger much sooner, but I have been extremely busy with my own website, It's Not All Gumdrops & Unicorns. This is along with juggling my online presence on several other sites. Adult Swim is only naming 1 example.
Most of my friends/subscribers on facebook, Blogster, and Horror-Punks already know, that I have been a poster on Adult Swim, since last August. Some have considered joining and I said, "No! You will regret it." You may be sitting down, scratching your head, and asking "Why not?" Here are some questions you should ask yourself before considering Adult Swim:
Do you like...
- walking on eggshells?
- being treated like a criminal?
- being accused of being a troll?
- being psychoanalyzed to pieces?
- being treated like a verbal punching bag?
- being politically correct every nano second?
- getting rape and death threats?
- constantly looking over your shoulder?
- people insulting every show or movie you enjoy?
- political oppression, oppression in general, and censorship?
- whenever people always feel the need to put you in your place?
- the thought of always being banned every time you defend yourself against assholes and trolls?
- Did you enjoy being an outcast in high school?
If you answered no to at least 1 of these questions, you should not join Adult Swim's message board. There are SOME nice posters. However, there are also shitty posters. These are the following reasons why you should not join Adult Swim:
Reasons Why You Should NOT Join Adult Swim's Message Board:
* Hijacking- The topic of the thread doesn't matter. Regardless if it's a positive or negative thread, assholes and trolls love hijacking another poster's thread. The hijacking is usually done to create arguments and sometimes to spout death threats. I've gotten a few death threats by a skanky, narcissistic sociopath.
* Terrible Communications/Social Skills- The remaining veteran Adult Swim posters highly lack social skills; They don't know how to socialize or communicate. Their idea of socializing is being verbally abusive towards other posters.
* Begrudgement- Some posters are quick to begrudge other posters for their success. Some have an inferiority complex and are close-minded to anyone the moment they assume that other poster(s) believes he/she is superior to everyone else because of his/her accomplishments. This most definitely applies towards website and business owners.
Rather than taking action and improving their own lives, some posters would rather demonize and ostracize another poster. In a nutshell, they are "haters." Most Adult Swim posters dislike business owners and love demonizing them because they were brainwashed to hate businesses in general by the media. Then again, Adult Swim is a brother network of CNN.
* Game Of Cliques/Alliances- Some veteran posters play both sides of cliques. I always love whenever a friend is in the center of 2 friends, who dislike each other. The friend in the middle will pretend to be "neutral," even though he/she already decided who's side to be on. This usually leads to ostracizing the other so-called "friend."
* The Blame Game- Some remaining veteran posters are quick to play The Blame Game. Rather than accepting their own faults, Adult Swim posters only want to blame 1 or a few other posters for their own problems, that they helped create. Most of them are their own worst enemies yet they still love finger pointing.
* Pissing Contests- The remaining veteran posters regularly hold pissing contests over politics and cartoon ratings in the most active sections of the site. 2 of the most active sections are Babbling and Toonami. Adult Swim's message board mostly consists of grown men fighting over politics like they are on CNN. Otherwise, there are Toonami Tards fighting over Shonen Jump Action Anime ratings rather than sitting down and enjoying their favorite Anime. Some of them have severe mental and behavioral problems and love wreaking havoc for other posters.
* Persecution- Veteran posters are usually quick to persecute new posters and assume they are recurring male trolls. I joined Adult Swim last August. In all my years of being an Internet user, I have never felt so unwelcome to ANY site. That was until I joined Adult Swim.
I currently belong to several other websites. As toxic as some of those sites can be, at least new posters aren't treated like an inconvenience, if not a criminal. Adult Swim's message board makes other websites look like a trip to Disneyland.
* Poor Moderation- The moderators treat posters like an inconvenience rather than solving the problems. In order to cope with racism, misogyny, rape/death threats, and trolling in general, posters have to either ignore it, or jump ship. Adult Swim's moderators are the equivalent of cops, that turn blind eyes to the corruption. Instead of moderators enforcing Adult Swim's board rules, posters get a slap on the wrist for bad behavior by only getting temporary bans. Otherwise, there is a double standard and the moderators will justify it.
* Multiple Identities- The remaining veteran posters create different poster names out of sheer boredom. I still don't understand the point of randomly creating multiple accounts, when they haven't been banned UNLESS it is to only rig polls and troll other posters. They really do rig polls and troll in aliases.
* Censorship- Adult Swim is a HIGHLY censored message board. Even though the network has "Adult" in its title and posters literally have their own dick pics floating around in cyber space, the message board and its programming are highly censored. People only preach about Freedom Of Speech, whenever it's convenient.
All the while, those same Adult Swim posters are oppressive of others. Most posters can dish it out, but can't take it. They'll be quick to lecture someone about not being "politically correct," when they're not exactly the most respectful of anybody. I spend more time walking on eggshells for Adult Swim posters than anywhere on and offline.
There are business meetings and sports bras, that are more comfortable and entertaining than posting on Adult Swim. I can only imagine some Adult Swim posters going on dates and being as boring as watching paint dry. Or as uptight and uncomfortable as a Super Wedgy.
* Turnover Rate- Adult Swim has a high turnover rate with posters. Most veterans grew tired of the negativity on the site and left. This is especially when it is impossible to have a fun thread meant for everyone. At least 1 asshole hijacks it only to start fights with another poster(s). This depends on whether the fight is with the creator of the thread, or someone else in it.
* Suicide Rate- Adult Swim has a suicide rate among posters. Before and during the time I joined the forum, there was already a history of some veteran posters being suicidal and committing suicide. I don't have an actual percentage. However, there were at least a handful. Some of those same suicidal posters threaten to commit suicide today.
* Social Networking Abuse- Some veteran posters treat Adult Swim's forum like it's their personal facebook status update. There is at least 1 morally corrupt/narcissistic sociopathic poster, who uses Adult Swim's forum like she's on facebook. She brags about all the Johns she's met and had sex with via Tinder.
* Limited & Opportunistic Humor- Some remaining veteran posters lack a sense of humor UNLESS they're trolling other posters. Adult Swim posters mostly revel in acting like rude, belligerent, chastising, and self-righteous trolls. Putting each other in their places mostly amuses them and their colluding friends. 1/2 remaining posters no longer watch shows on Adult Swim. Although, they will nit pick and psychoanalyze plots and characters to pieces.
* Cyber Ghost Town- Adult Swim's forum is on life support. Sane people should NOT join the site because the remaining posters already want to leave it or witness the shutdown. Most sane people don't have the time, energy, and patience to deal with grown men and their childish antics, while simultaneously lecturing other posters about being "politically correct" and arguing over shows.
Ask yourself, "Why is the divorce rate constantly soaring?" If you say, "It's because people don't have time for bullshit," apply that same answer to Adult Swim's message board.
All in all, it's much better to remain an Adult Swim viewer than being a poster. Most of the regulars waste time nit picking and finger pointing at everything and everyone. Do NOT join Adult Swim. If you do, you will regret it even more because you CANNOT delete your account.